TAKE ACTION TO COMBAT DWI CHARGES
If you are facing prosecution for driving while intoxicated (DWI/DUI), North Carolina will vigorously pursue substantial penalties. This means you should speak with a criminal defense attorney at The Khan Law Offices, PLLC, as soon as possible.
From our Monroe office, we represent men and women across Union County who have been charged with drunk driving. Lawyer Bobby Khan has nearly two decades of experience in DWI defense and related matters. Trust him to carefully review the facts of your case and take advantage of any weaknesses in the prosecution’s case.
Mr. Khan’s in-depth knowledge allows him to create effective strategies for minimizing penalties or even getting the charges completely dismissed, when possible. Call 704-774-6426 right away to set up a consultation.
What Are The Consequences Of A Conviction?
If you are convicted of drunk driving, you could face any of the following penalties:
- Suspension or revocation of your driver’s license
- Substance abuse programs
- Community service
- Large fines
- Substantial jail time
The severity of the penalties and/or the amount of jail time you have to serve will depend on a host of case-specific circumstances. These include:
- Your criminal record, especially if you have previous DWI convictions
- Other relevant aspects of your driving history
- The degree to which you were intoxicated (i.e., blood alcohol content)
- Property damage caused by your drunk driving
- Whether you had a child in the car (child endangerment)
Most of these are “aggravating” circumstances that will increase the penalties you face. In some cases, however, it may be able to argue that there were mitigating circumstances. You may still face punishment in such a scenario, but an experienced attorney can help reduce the overall impact to your freedom, finances, driving privileges and reputation.
Did The Police Violate Your Constitutional Rights Or Make Other Mistakes?
There are many tactics that we may be able to use to fight the charges against you. Many of these tactics are based on the circumstances that led to your arrest. As your attorney, Mr. Khan will examine some or all of the following factors:
- Whether you were lawfully stopped by the police
- Whether the police had probable cause to conduct a field sobriety test
- Whether the field sobriety tests were carried out appropriately and the Breathalyzer was properly calibrated
- Whether certain evidence should be excluded from consideration at trial because it was unlawfully collected
Don’t Wait To Get A Skilled Defender On Your Side
Let us help you explore all your options for minimizing the consequences you face. Call The Khan Law Offices, PLLC, for an initial consultation about your DWI case: 704-282-2155. You can also reach us online.