Allison Khan is a passionate Charlotte area divorce attorney with extensive experience representing clients in complex family law matters. From trials to mediation, Allison is an advocate for her clients and is incredibly knowledgeable. Throughout her nearly twenty years of legal work, Allison has represented individuals in all areas of family law, including family mediation proceedings, child custody cases, and grandparent’s rights claims.
Her legal practice started with a strong educational foundation. She graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a Bachelor of Arts in English. After that, she moved on to the Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law, where she earned her Juris Doctor degree. She graduated in the top third of her class, and was selected as a mentor for first year law students.
Allison’s legal career started as associate in-house counsel for Newton & Associates, where she advised airports on operational and legal issues. From there, she became a managing member at The Khan Law Offices, and was president of the Union County Bar for multiple terms. She been a member since 1998 and continues to be actively involved in her community.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Family Mediation Proceedings
- Child Custody Cases
- Grandparent’s Rights Claims
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- Juris Doctor
- Honors: Top Third of her Class
- Honors: Selected as a Mentor for First Year Law Students
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Bachelor of Arts
- Major: English
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Union County Bar , Former President
Past Employment Positions
- Newton & Associates, Associate In-House Counsel