Seasoned Family Law Counsel and Representation
Based in Monroe, The Khan Law Offices, PLLC, helps clients in Charlotte and throughout the neighboring areas of North Carolina to resolve their family law concerns in an efficient and effective manner. Lawyer Allison Khan has nearly 20 years of experience in this area of practice.
Whether you are filing for divorce, you are a grandparent trying to get visitation with your grandchildren or you have other concerns, one of the first options you should consider is family law mediation. Mediating the case instead of taking it to trial is often the most cost-efficient and timely way to resolve the matter. However, if mediation is not possible, Ms. Khan is more than able to represent you in litigation.
“I chose to become a family law attorney because I wanted to help people shape their futures and protect their interests. My mission is to help you create a new, post-divorce life that is structured and safe.” — Allison Khan
Resolving A Wide Array Of Concerns, From Divorce To Custody Disputes
Our firm can assist you with the following matters, among others:
- Divorce/dissolution — Filing for the dissolution of their marriage is one of the most difficult decisions a couple can make. Sometimes it is mutual; sometimes it is not. In any scenario, we can help you protect your rights and assets. We can also assist you with developing an effective separation agreement.
- Property division — North Carolina uses “equitable distribution” to determine how property will be divided between spouses. Unlike in many other states, you are not necessarily entitled to 50 percent of the marital property. We can explain how this process works, what property you can expect to receive and what the tax consequences may be.
- Child custody — The courts prefer that parents mutually agree on parenting plans. As far as the plan’s practicality, both parents will need to consider its long-term effects on their children. We can help you create a plan that works for your family. We can also explain how judges decide custody, how to seek emergency custody of your children and what rights grandparents have in North Carolina.
- Fathers’ rights — Ms. Khan has represented thousands of fathers over the years, advocating for their parental rights in child custody disputes, paternity cases and other matters.
- Spousal support/alimony — Whether you are paying alimony or receiving it, our firm can be a helpful resource.
- Child support — Both parents are responsible for contributing to the children’s care. We can assist you with establishing, modifying or enforcing support orders.
- Domestic violence — If you or your children are in danger, we can help you seek an order of protection from the court.
- Premarital agreements — It is in your best interest to protect your property and rights prior to making the ultimate commitment to your partner.
- Adoptions — We can guide you through the process of making a child a permanent and legal part of your family through adoption.
- Powers of attorney — These legal documents are a critical part of nearly every estate plan. Learn about the advantages.
Schedule A One-On-One Consultation Today
To discover how The Khan Law Offices, PLLC, can make a difference in your family law case, set up a consultation at our Monroe office. Simply call us at 704-282-2155 or contact us online.